Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Brother Ray. "The Genius!" Ray Charles was born this day - September 23, 1930. His voice transformed a song into a soul-experience. His body of work ...

 ... transformed music into soul artistry.


Click Brother Ray in action to open the You Tube playlist of 13 performance vids.

Playlist:

"What'd I Say"

"Come Rain or Come Shine"

"You Don't Know Me"

"Hit The Road Jack"

"Georgia on my Mind"

"I Got a Woman"

"Confession Blues"

"I Can't Stop Loving You"

"Crazy Love" (with Van Morrison)

"Born to Loose"

"Oh! What a Beautiful Morning"

"Here We Go Again" (with Norah Jones, and Billy Preston on the Hammond Organ)

"America, the Beautiful"



"Ray Charles is the only true genius in show business."  - Frank Sinatra

"This may sound like sacrilege, but I think Ray Charles was more important than Elvis."  - Billy Joel.

No comments:

Post a Comment